If you’ve been looking high and low for someone, ANYONE, to give you car insurance, to no avail, you may have a bit of a problem on your hands.Dislike boring forms? Get a quote over chat right now.
Why can’t I get car insurance?
You’ve probably been deemed a “high-risk” driver, and as a result you may be having trouble getting insurance from traditional insurers. There’s a few ways this can happen:
- Your driving record sucks – too many tickets, violations, or DUIs? Not good.
- You drive something fancy – Yeah, that Ferrari may have looked good on the sales floor, but what it says to your insurance company is, “This driver likes to go fast. They’re more likely to be in an accident.”
- You live in a high-crime area – if you live in a place where there’s a higher rate of thefts, vandalism, or property damage, carriers will usually nope out.
- You’ve had too many insurance gaps – If you’ve built a habit of starting and stopping your coverage, you’ve dug a deep grave, my friend.
So, what now?
What do I do if I can’t get car insurance?
You might be getting pretty stressed at how tough it is for you to get car insurance. If you’re having trouble finding car insurance from a traditional insurer, you have two options:
- Ask the state to assign you coverage: The state-assigned risk pool is a way that your state can look out for you, but they may charge you more for giving you coverage.
- Find private companies that will write “high-risk” insurance: If you work with a “non-standard” carrier, you could have more coverage options, but again, higher premiums.
Another option: Talk to our insurance experts. They’re pretty much pros at working with people to get them insurance in any situation. All you have to do is typey tap that chat button in the lower right-hand corner to get started.